- 1 General ARCC Questions
- 1.1 I have a research problem, but I am not sure if ARCC can help me?
- 1.2 I need someone from outside UWyo to have access to my petaLibrary allocation and/or Teton project.
- 1.3 Do I have to have a smartphone to use two-factor for ARCC services?
- 1.4 My UWyo user account is locked/disabled, can ARCC restore it so I can use the petaLibrary and/or Teton?
- 2 Teton
- 3 petaLibrary
General ARCC Questions
I have a research problem, but I am not sure if ARCC can help me?
- Email email@example.com or visit Our Contacts and we'll see what we can do for you.
I need someone from outside UWyo to have access to my petaLibrary allocation and/or Teton project.
- For full access:
- You can request an External Collaborator account from UWIT Accounts Office.
- For data transfer access only:
- See our page on Globus
Do I have to have a smartphone to use two-factor for ARCC services?
- No, there are other options:
My UWyo user account is locked/disabled, can ARCC restore it so I can use the petaLibrary and/or Teton?
- No, ARCC does not manage UWyo accounts. Contact UWIT Accounts Office for help.
- For further information on UWyo accounts see UW Accounts FAQ
Who can use Teton?
- All UWyo faculty, staff and students can use Teton for research purposes. However, there must be a faculty member to serve as PI for any Teton project.
- See our page on Account Policies for more information.
How do I access Teton when I am not on the UWyo network?
- Teton's login nodes are on the Science DMZ network outside of UWyo firewalls. Meaning you can log into Teton from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and a terminal or ssh client.
How do I run my code on Teton?
- You must submit your code to the job scheduler. Running code on login nodes is not permitted.
- For more information about the job scheduler please see our page on Slurm.
How do I find out what modules/packages are available on Teton?
- While logged into Teton, executing the command "module spider" will list all modules installed on Teton.
$ module spider To learn more about a package execute: $ module spider Foo where "Foo" is the name of a module. To find detailed information about a particular package you must specify the version if there is more than one version: $ module spider Foo/11.1
May I have sudo access on Teton?
- Users will never have sudo access. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request whatever would you need sudo access for.
My Teton home directory is full, can I get more space?
- Rarely do we increase home directory space, please clean up any unnecessary files first. If the problem persists, Email email@example.com to describe your issue.
Who can use the petaLibrary?
- All UWyo users can use the petaLibrary for research purposes. However, a faculty member or a research scientist must serve as the PI for any allocation.
- See our page on the petaLibrary for more information.
How do I access my petaLibrary allocation when I am not on the UWyo network
- Users will need to use the UWwyo VPN to get onto the UWyo network.
- See the Getting Connected page on the petaLibrary page.