- 1 General ARCC Troubleshooting
- 2 Teton
- 2.1 I am having trouble logging into Teton.
- 2.2 How do I access Teton when I am not on the UWyo network?
- 2.3 How do I run my code on Teton?
- 2.4 How do I find out what modules/packages are available on Teton?
- 2.5 May I have sudo access on Teton?
- 2.6 My Teton home directory is full, can I get more space?
- 3 petaLibrary
General ARCC Troubleshooting
Do I have to have a smartphone to use two-factor for ARCC services?
- No, there are other options:
My UWyo user account is locked/disabled, can ARCC restore it so I can use the petaLibrary and/or Teton?
- No, ARCC does not manage UWyo accounts. Contact UWIT Accounts Office for help.
- For further information on UWyo accounts see UW Accounts FAQ
I am having trouble logging into Teton.
- Can you log into other Uwyo resources?
- if No, contact IT Helpdesk.
- Is your 2nd factor authentication working? Test on https://wyosecure.uwyo.edu
- Check out https://uwyo.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=63314 to see if your device is properly configured.
- If you are having problems with your second factor you will need to contact IT Help Desk.
- There is a known issue on Teton that may affect your login. Wait until the top of an hour (e.g. 1 pm) and try again. We have an automatic process to fix this issue that runs every hour on the hour.
- If you are still having problems email contact us.
How do I access Teton when I am not on the UWyo network?
- Teton's login nodes are on the Science DMZ network outside of UWyo firewalls. Meaning you can log into Teton from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and a terminal or ssh client.
How do I run my code on Teton?
- You must submit your code to the job scheduler. Running code on login nodes is not permitted.
- For more information about the job scheduler please see our page on Slurm.
How do I find out what modules/packages are available on Teton?
- While logged into Teton, executing the command "module spider" will list all modules installed on Teton.
$ module spider To learn more about a package execute: $ module spider Foo where "Foo" is the name of a module. To find detailed information about a particular package you must specify the version if there is more than one version: $ module spider Foo/11.1
May I have sudo access on Teton?
- Users will never have sudo access. Email email@example.com to request whatever would you need sudo access for.
My Teton home directory is full, can I get more space?
- Rarely do we increase home directory space, please clean up any unnecessary files first. If the problem persists, Email firstname.lastname@example.org to describe your issue.
How do I access my petaLibrary allocation when I am not on the UWyo network
- Users will need to use the UWwyo VPN to get onto the UWyo network.
- See the Getting Connected page on the petaLibrary page.